I’m often asked where I get all of my ideas. For this month’s challenge, I thought I would show you how I take inspiration and turn it into my own unique mandala art. The theme this month is Mexican Inspired Mandalas.
Here is a look at my design notes inspired by pieces of Mexican folk art.
Here you can see how I applied the design elements to a final mandala design.
Watch the quick 4 minute video to get the contest details and to see the fabulous prizes donated by our mandala sister, Mary-Anne Betrand Schoenike.
I can’t wait to see the colors, shapes, and patterns that will show up in your Mexican inspired mandala art this month!
~ Kathryn Costa
- Create a mandala inspired by Mexican folk art.
- For inspiration check out my Mexican Art board on Pinterest.
- Post a photo or scan of your mandala in the Sharing Circle.
- Not a member? Join the Sharing Circle. It’s Free!
- Deadline to enter is May 28, 2018 at midnight, EST.
- One winner will be randomly selected to win the prize package of assorted Mexican gifts.