This month’s mandala challenge is inspired by the root chakra. Watch the video above to get the details on this month’s challenge and to watch a demo using Kathryn’s new root chakra stencil.
Step 1: Create a mandala inspired by the root chakra.
Include both of these elements in your mandala:
Use the color red
At least 50% of your mandala needs to be in red tones. You may work with any other colors to accent the red.
Include an element of four
At the center of the traditional root chakra we see a square and four lotus petals. For your mandala, there are many options. Here are a few ideas.
- Divide the circle into four quadrants.
- Add four petal flowers to your design.
- Square the Circle. For directions refer to the Mandala Drawing I Class.
- Create a root chakra mandala.
- Use the new Root Chakra Stencil.
Step 2: Scan or Photograph Your Art
Step 3: Post in the Mandala Sharing Circle
- The Mandala Sharing Circle is a free website for mandala enthusiasts. Join for Free.
- Members Log-in Here.
- Post as many entries as you are inspired to create.
- Deadline June 30, 2019
- One winner will be selected by Kathryn Costa to win a $35 gift certificate to apply toward one of these online courses:
- Chakra Retreats or the Chakra Course
- Mandala Drawing I
- Color I
- Soul Tree Mandala Workshop
- Labyrinth Mandala Art Workshop
Products Used in the Video
Please note that I am an affiliate for Amazon and Arteza which means that when you make a purchase I get a small commission at no additional charge to you.