Join Kathryn Costa from True North Arts and Mary Beth Shaw from StencilGirl Products for a soul to soul conversation on how their creative and soulful practices keep them grounded, peaceful, and creative during these unusual times.
The soul to soul conversation covers:
- Creating art for self expression, insight, and healing
- Integrating spiritual and creative practices
- The power of living and working with intentions
- Tapping into the healing power of color and sacred geometry
- Recognizing the grounding and centering patterns found in the art of all wisdom traditions and cultures
- Introducing Kathryn Costa’s newest stencil from StencilGirl Products, “The Four Gates Mandala” and how to use this stencil to cultivate loving-kindness, compassion, peace, and joy.
Four Gates Mandala Stencil
The Four Gates Mandala stencil by Kathryn Costa is inspired by the traditional mandala and yantra art from the Hindu and Buddhist culture. Many wisdom traditions work with the four directions representing the four elements of air, water, fire, and earth. This stencil can also be used to create the Chakana also known as the Inca Cross from the Peruvian tradition. Some additional geometric shapes and symbols provide even more design possibilities including the ouroboros, infinity symbol, Chinese Yin Yang, and the OM symbol.
This stencil also pairs well with Kathryn Costa’s Chakra Stencils.
Look through the art samples in the slideshow above for some of the infinite number of possibilities on what you can create with the Four Gates Mandala Stencil. You’ll see a little diagram on the right of each image to show you the parts of the stencil that were traced to build the design.
Kathryn’s stencil designs take the math, careful measuring, and planning out of drawing the sacred geometry. Because you can quickly and easily get the bones of the design drawn using the stencil, you can spend more time on adding your own creative flair with colors, patterns, and healing intentions. This stencil is a really powerful tool that can be used for healing and creating (manifesting) a life that you love.