Creating mandala art is a powerful spiritual practice. The time, energy, symbols, and colors, come together to energize our intentions. Back on the day of the Lion’s Gate, I created a “manifesting mandala” that reflected the color of the sun and our third energy center, the solar plexus. I was ready to release everything that was taking energy away from moving forward and pivoting into a new job. As I colored the mandala and later placed crystals on it, I felt resolute in my deepest wishes. I didn’t have all the details of what this next job would be, but I knew I was ready and willing. In less than 24 hours, my intentions were clearly in motion as I spotted the ideal job in a LinkedIn post. I sent a message to the recruiter and within a week I had an interview, and a few days later a contract for the job that I’m so thrilled to have. The contract converted to a permanent position in only two months.
Add to that it’s a position that’s perfect for my skill set and working with a team that shares my work ethic. The cream on the top of this story is that it pays very well with excellent benefits.
And this happened in the midst of these hard times when millions are struggling to put food on the table and so many are sick or losing loved ones from Covid-19.
Following lunar cycles, we have an opportunity each month to reconnect with our intentions or set new ones. The next energetic portal is the new moon in Sagittarius on December 14th. What makes it extra potent is there is a total solar eclipse.
Pictured above you’ll see my “Manifesting Mandala for the New Moon in Sagittarius.”
Inspired by the Hindu Yantras, my mandala incorporates several symbols including:
- Six-Pointed Star – The upward pointing triangle and the downward pointing triangle represent the balance between the spiritual and material aspects of our lives. It is seen in most yantras. Easily draw the six-pointed star using my Heart Chakra Stencil.
- Sagittarius Glyph – Sagittarius’ arrow is a visual that speaks to setting your aim high. Colors for Sagi energy include orange-yellow, white, and light blue. Get all 12 zodiac glyphs in my Zodiac Stencil.
- Jupiter Glyph – Jupiter is the ruling planet of Sagittarius and is known for expansion and bringing luck. Jupiter’s colors are warm, sunny, yellow and gold tones. Find the Jupiter glyph in my Celestial Bodies Stencil.
- Four Gates Mandala – The overall design, inner circle, and ring of lotus petals were drawn using my Four Gates Mandala Stencil.
- Additional details – Add your own details to represent planting seeds and the energy of expansion. In my mandala, little dots represent the seeds of intentions, wishes, and dreams and the little swirls in the petals represent the new things that will begin to grow.
After creating the mandala, I like to cut it out and place it on my altar. Here a black wooden stand represents the darkness of the new moon sky. The cheerful, energizing yellow color of “Jupiter” and “Sagittarius” in this mandala reminds me of how so many traditions light candles at this time of the year. It is probably no coincidence that the ancients who developed astrology saw our need for hope in these dark days. Hope of the forthcoming light as we reach the winter solstice in a week when slowly the daylight hours grow longer and longer.
Any yellow colored gemstone magnifies the energy of Jupiter – yellow sapphire, citrine, and topaz. Blue tones like turquoise, lapis lazuli, beryl, sapphire, and blue zircon are all choices that capture the spirit of Sagittarius.
Want to learn more? Check out these resources:
- Learn about working with lunar cycles in Video 4 in my FREE Astrology 101 Art Journal Series.
- Learn about the “ruling planets” in my forthcoming Video 5 in my Free Astrology 101 Art Journal Series. Sign up for my newsletter to learn when the video is released.
- Join me and my dear friend Liza for a FREE Winter Solstice Celebration on Sunday, December 20, 2020 at 8:30 pm, EST. I have planned a special Soul Journey guided meditation and Liza has a journal activity to help you to release 2020 and prepare for the new year. Please note there are limited spaces and we are almost FULL. If you have signed up and can’t make it, please let us know so someone else can attend this event. This event will not be recorded.
- Let’s hang out this new year in a day dedicated to manifesting! Get the New Year Mini Retreat details.
- Buy my stencils from StencilGirl Products
Thank you for joining me on this soulful and creative journey. I hope you are inspired to create your own manifesting mandala!
Instigator of Soulful and Creative Living