Happy New Year! The Spring Equinox marks the beginning of the astrological new year as we enter the sign of Aries. Pictured above is a mandala that I created using my Four Gates Mandala Stencil from StencilGirl Products.
The equinox is a time when there is equal amount of light and dark. You’ll see this reflected in the split where on the left side I used darker blues and violets to create a night sky illuminated by the moon and on the right a blue bird sky energized by the sun.
Along the borders I worked in green tones embellished by a sweet little leafy motif that captures what is “springing” forth at this time.
The Spring Equinox is a time when I check in on the intentions that I set at the beginning of the year. I revisit my word-for-the-year and decide if my intentions and word still fit or if I there are other “seeds to plant” in my soul garden.
Here are a few questions that I noted on the back of my mandala:
- What was my word-for-the-year? What did I want to focus on? Does is still fit? It’s okay to change intentions.
- What has started to “sprout” and what signs are showing up that my intentions are materializing?
- What does my dream need? How can I nurture this vision?
- What opportunities are emerging?
- How can I embrace the spring energy?
I placed little pieces of citrine on the mandala that enhance the fiery nature of Aries who inspires us to emerge from our pandemic/winter slumber and focus on what dreams we want to grow. At the center is a white stone that resembles an egg.
I love that throughout the year there are many times to check in, realign, and commit to our intentions.
I’m not the only one who enjoys the process of creating crystal grids!