“BALI offers the perfect destination to nourish the body and mind as you awaken your creative spirit. Throughout this heart-opening experience, you’ll nurture your body with Bali’s famous spa treats, connect to your soul’s wisdom in daily guided meditations, and learn about Tri Hita Karana, Bali’s philosophy for living a harmonious life. Workshops include learning how to make an offering basket and the ritual practice for it, visiting the sacred Monkey Forest, and creating your own batik fabric with a master artisan. Kathryn’s workshops will guide you in integrating the beauty sacredness, and creativity of these experiences, with expressive art projects. You’ll ignite your soul through empowering mandalas, crafts, cooking, daily offerings, massage, yoga, and the beautiful traditions, culture and people of Bali, Indonesia!”
10-Days in Bali with Kathryn Costa and Jim West
October 23 – November 1, 2019
- Round- trip international airfare from Los Angeles to Denpasar, Bali.
- Round-trip transfers to and from the airport/hotel in Bali.
- A “photography enhancement” workshop with Jim West.
- Deluxe hotel accommodations in the city center of Ubud and at a beach resort in Nusa Dua.
- Many meals including daily breakfast and some special dinners.
- Guided workshops by author Kathryn Costa that include gratitude, recognizing our power, acceptance, risk-taking, control, inner peace, health, manifesting, focus, thoughts and healing.
- A visit to the Tirta Empul Temple for meditation and prayer.
- A hands-on Batik Designing workshop and visiting a batik factory.
- An optional Balinese cooking lesson with a master chef.
- Visit to the Monkey Forest Sanctuary.
- A workshop on creating a Balinese “offering” basket.
- Morning and evening meditations on the beach.
- An optional “fire healing ceremony” and dinner with a local family.
- Basic yoga class and information on body wellness.
- A visit to the local market for shopping and photographs.
- A half hour foot massage or head and shoulder massage.
- An optional reading from the grandson of the shaman from the book Eat, Pray, Love.
- Sightseeing to see the extraordinary rice terraces.
- A “painting meditation workshop” with Jim West.
- Craftours Lifestyles commemorative gifts including a wellness totebag, lanyard and luggage tag.
- An autographed copy of Kathryn Costa’s Mandala Guidebook.
- All taxes included and travel insurance highly recommended.
- Price increases by $247 on April 15, 2019.
- Limited to 20 spaces!
The Ubud Monkey Forest is a nature reserve and temple complex in Ubud, Bali. Its full name as written on a welcome sign is the Padangtegal Mandala Wisata Wanara Wana Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary. The complex houses approximately 605 Crab-eating Macaque monkeys. There are four groups of monkeys each occupying different territories in the park. The Sacred Monkey Forest is a popular tourist attraction in Ubud, and is often visited by over 10,000 tourists a month. The Monkey Forest contains the Pura Dalem Agung Padangtegal temple as well as a “Holy Spring” bathing temple and another temple used for cremation ceremonies.
The Ubud Royal Palace is one of the most prominent places in Ubud, as it is smack-dab on the main Jalan Raya Ubud road and intersection. The palace can also be regarded as the focal landmark of Ubud. The Ubud palace was built during the lordship of the late Ida Tjokorda Putu Kandel (1800-1823), and is well-kept by his successive heirs.