What is calling you?
What do you desire for this next year?
It’s January 1st, and you’re full of ideas about
things you want to do differently this year.
You may make an ambitious list of goals and New Year’s resolutions.
But in the back of your mind, you also know that
you’ll forget all about them by next week, or next month.
You’re not alone.
Let’s toss out the New Year’s resolutions
and set an intention for 2019.
A single word is powerful.
They can set us back, slow us down, and even stop us dead in our tracks.
Or, they can inspire us to forge ahead, make healthy choices, and
focus on the positive.
As you consider the year ahead, what needs your attention right now?
What word will you select to inspire and guide you?
Let’s discover this together.
The Inspired Vision Retreat:
a nourishing and playful approach to finding clarity
Course Begins: Friday, January 11, 2019
PICK ONE WEBINAR (optional)
Webinar Session 1 – Friday, January 18, 2019, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., EST.
Webinar Session 2 – Saturday, January 19, 2019, 10 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., EST
“A retreat is a time to step back and take a new look at our lives. It is not so much a time to learn new things as to remember and feel again some of the things we have forgotten. It is a time to be lovingly attentive to the needs of the soul.”
~ Macrina Wiederkehr, “The Song of the Seed”
In this unique online class you’ll:
- Receive a beautiful commemorative envelope in the mail. Tucked inside you’ll find an oracle card, an animal messenger, and some little surprises that we’ll use during the webinar.
- Connect with your intuition and get guidance from your soul. Experience a Soul Journey guided meditation and listen to the recording any time throughout the year when you need guidance.
- Discover your word-for-the-year that resonates with your deepest desire for 2019.
- Explore different facets of your word-for-the-year, if you’ve already selected a word before the course begins.
- Find clarity and focus. You can use these activities again and again any time you’re feeling blocked on a project or seeking direction in life.
- Begin 2019 feeling focused and inspired.
5 Lessons to Discover Your Word & Vision for 2019
Each lesson begins with a video introduction and includes gorgeous worksheets and fun downloads.
While there are many “find your word-for-the-year” resources or vision board classes on the web, these tend to approach the process using the mind with an exhaustive list of questions where you think your way to goal setting. This course, offers you a selection of playful activities that incorporate inspiring words, thoughtful prompts, and gorgeous visuals where the approach taps into your body, mind, emotions, and spirit for guidance. The variety of projects in this course gives you options that you can pick and choose from to discover your word and vision for the year.
Lesson 1: Retreat Moments
You’ll receive a retreat planner that you’ll use to design your own nourishing personal retreats.
Lesson 2: Word Audition
It’s hard to pick just one word and you don’t have to, just yet. This fun activity gets you collecting words and considering what you truly desire. If you arrive with a word already selected, great! This activity will guide you in looking at different facets of your word and “companion words” that will support your vision. Let the audition begin!
Lesson 3: Scavenger Hunt
Do you notice signs and patterns in your life? This activity opens you up to recognizing the signs around you and awakens you to those magical moments of synchronicity.
Lesson 4: Your Body’s Wisdom
Are you listening to your body’s messages? Let’s get out of our heads and into our bodies. This activity will help you to recognize where to place your focus for 2019.
Lesson 5: Dream Wheel Collages
Think vision board only in a circle. The circular shape transforms the vision board collage into a work of art with a sense of balance and centeredness. Kathryn shares her process for creating beautiful collages. In the featured video, watch Kathryn piece together her collage and learn how the elements of design bring random images together to build a beautiful vision that’s also a work of art you’ll love to hang up in your home or office.
Time to Uncover Your Word & Vision for 2019
After you register, you can select one of two webinar sessions.
Session 1: Friday, January 18, 2019
6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., EST
Session 2: Saturday, January 19, 2019
10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., EST
Can’t attend one of these sessions? Not to worry. Recordings will be made available.
- Soul Journey Guided Meditation
- Oracle Card Reading
- Animal Ally
- Time to work on one or more of the activities
- Show & Tell
- Tips for staying connected to your vision throughout the year.
Be a Part of the 2019 Community Mandala Project
Inspired Vision Retreat participants get an exclusive invitation to participant in the annual 100 Mandalas Community Mandala. Each participant is given a piece of a mandala to color, doodle, and record their word-for-the-year. Participants scan and return their piece that is worked into the final design. The final mandala is a powerful symbol of love and inspiration. Participants feel like they are part of a global community when they see their piece alongside the pieces from other mandala enthusiasts around the world. Pictured above are the group mandalas from previous years.
You are an Inspired Seeker if…
- You don’t like New Year’s resolutions and you want to find a playful alternative to starting your year inspired.
- You love words and find inspiration in them.
- You want a plan for creating nourishing personal retreats that you can take when life gets stressful.
What You’ll Need
- Computer or mobile device with internet access.
- Computer or mobile device with a video camera and mic. Most computers and mobile devices have these features. (Required to participate in the interactive webinar.)
- Printer to print the worksheets and fun downloads.
- Notebook or journal and pen.
- Magazines, large poster board or piece of cardboard or paper (18″ or greater), scissors, glue stick.
- Your favorite coloring supplies: colored pencils, markers, gel pens…
- An open mind and curiosity.
- Unlimited access to the course materials for the year. Don’t worry if you haven’t completed the activities within the timeframe of the course or if you sign up after the webinars. You’ll have access to all of the videos, worksheets, and downloads after the course is over.
- The online classroom is easy to navigate and check off the lessons as you complete them.
Message from the Course Creator
Hi I’m Kathryn Costa,
I look forward to returning to these activities each year as I define “what’s next” in my life. From year to year, I can see how they have guided me in pursuing my dreams and living a creative and soulful life.
I’m so delighted to bring something new, fun, and empowering to this year’s annual Inspired Vision Retreat. Throughout 2018, I offered a monthly “vision journal” workshop. Participants loved receiving the beautiful envelopes with the surprises tucked inside them. They also found the Soul Journey guided meditations , oracle card readings, and animal guides to be powerful and insightful. In addition to the five activities that I’ve offered in the past, this year’s Inspired Vision Retreat includes the commemorative envelope, Soul Journey, oracle card, and animal guide.
The “Word Audition,” “Scavenger Hunt,” and “Dream Wheel” activities have been part of my new years activities. They really help me to tap into my intuition and develop a vision for the upcoming year. It’s also fun to look back over the years to see the intentions that I set and what happened.
In 2015, my word COMMIT urged me to stay the course with my book idea. It was a challenging year working full time, nurturing my online community, and doing what it takes to pull off a book within a few months of writing a book proposal. Commit I did and today, I’m the proud author of “The Mandala Guidebook.”
Jumping ahead to 2017, my word BELIEVE was a beacon and source of inspiration when mustering up the courage to leave the day job to COMMIT (my words carry over from year to year) to my dream full time. Here I am a year later working for myself. There’s no looking back!
2018 was the year of FLOW. I explored so many aspects of this word from tapping into my creative flow to trusting the ebb and flow of life and how I’m divinely supported. It was a year that I explored the flow of energy and worked with the chakras to begin a new healing journey of the body, mind, emotions, and spirit. And, one consistent outcome is how I’ve been overFLOWing with joy throughout the year.
What word will be your beacon for 2019? Let’s discover it together.
~ Kathryn Costa